Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub

Our sons love Subway ...
& they have no trouble puttin' down a foot long in no time flat.
They all agree that the Chicken Bacon Ranch is their top favorite sandwich, so I knew
when I decided to try making one at home, they'd be all too happy to try it out.

Well, it was no disappointment!
James said it was 'restaurant quality' & the boys thought it was as good as,
or better, than Subway.
Hands down, it was a hit!



Often times, when James grills out, I have him throw on extra meat to use
the next day for another meal.
That's what I used for this sandwich.
I cubed up the leftover grilled chicken, sliced red & green peppers, & onion.
While I chopped the chicken & veggies, I had the bacon in the oven {375 for 15-20 mins.}




I used an extra long loaf of multigrain bread, plus another small loaf of sweet Italian bread,
both found on the markdown bread rack at Kroger.





After splitting the loaves of bread, I loaded on the cubed grilled chicken, bacon & topped
with cheese {I used muenster}.



Bake under broiler for 10-15 minutes, keeping a close eye on it.


After removing from oven, I topped with all our favorite ingredients:
onion, red & orange peppers, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, mayo, & homemade zesty ranch.



Along side these delicious Chicken Bacon Ranch subs, I served potato salad & chips.
I will definitely be making these again!

Want the recipe for the homemade zesty ranch dressing?
Come back tomorrow & I'll have it posted.






No comments:

Post a Comment