Monday, August 3, 2015

Chicken with Fresh Basil & Tomatoes


One of the best decisions I made this spring:
planting this BASIL plant in our little raised bed garden!


This is right after we planted it.
It's next to our chives, which have grown back for 2 years, and as you can see, are in full force.


The basil took off immediately & I have had lots of it for months!
When you approach the garden, the basil is what you smell.
It's so aromatic & hearty ... & as soon as I pick it off, it grows back full & fast.
I could seriously go on.

The recipe that I'm sharing, I like to make year round, but especially when I can go out
& pick off the fresh basil right out of our garden.




So, here you are!
Doesn't this look AAHHH-mazing!!?!




And the other really great thing, it's a recipe where all the magic happens right in ONE PAN.
No need to dirty up and extra dishes.




Here's the recipe guide:

In a large skillet, heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil & throw in a pat of butter for extra flavor.
Place the chicken breast {boneless, skinless} in olive oil & butter.


Season the side that's up with pepper & 1/2 an envelope packet of seasoning.
I usually always have a few of these seasoning envelopes on hand, so I use whatever that's for chicken.
These are awesome because there's loads of seasoning & flavor in one packet and they cost under $1.
This particular time, I used a wine & herb envelope from Aldi.
After 5 minutes or so on medium heat, turn the chicken over & season the other side pepper
& the remaining 1/2 of the seasoning packet.
Continue to pan sear for another 5 minutes of so.

Next, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese {the kind in the green can}
& 1/4 - 1/2 of fresh basil {if you only have dried, reduce to 2-3 Tbsp.}.
For the last yummy ingredient, add in 2 cups or more of cherry tomatoes.
Turn heat to low, put on lid, & the tomatoes start getting completely wonderful.
Some will stay whole, some will split, ALL will get so sweet and delicious!
They are the final touch that takes this meal over the top.







It's colorful & FULL of flavor.

And as if this recipe isn't wonderful enough, here's one more reason to add this one to your menu:
It's extremely versatile!

If you happen not to have cherry tomatoes, used fresh diced ones.
That's what I did here.
I used garden tomatoes, diced up & tossed in.

{And if you don't have fresh tomatoes to dice, open a can of tomatoes.
They will work just as well!}

Don't you just love those big ol' basil leaves?




Here's it's served alongside broccoli from our garden too!
It's our first time to grow broccoli and it's done really well.




This is a good one, guys.
Share it or pin it so you can add it to your menu.

Thanks for visiting Call Her Blessed~




 


Who doesn't love a good party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday           Amaze Me Monday  The Dedicated House
                     I Should Be Mopping the Floor     The Hankful House     The Modest Mom
Tuesday        A Delightsome Life    A Bowl Full of Lemons  
                                    Titus Tuesday  A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style      
                              The Thrifty Home   A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Between Naps on the Porch    Katherines Corner 3D Lessons for Life
           Hope in Every Season     Lamberts Lately
Friday      Rooted in Thyme  The Thrifty Groove   Farm Blog Hop  Missional Women  Best of the Nest
                                French Country Cottage  The Girl Creative
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things  Sew Many Ways



8 comments:

  1. My basil plants are gigantic right now and the tomato plants are producing abundantly, so I will definitely be trying this recipe later in the week! Thanks for sharing!
    Dorene @ Seasonal Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect timing to give this recipe a try! Thanks for visiting and commenting, Dorene!

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks amazing. I might be nuts but I don't know what kind of envelope of seasoning you are talking about. I do shop at Aldi's - LOVE it but I don't think I have ever seen this envelope. Is there a name on the envelope? Thanks, can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this will help ... have you ever bought the little envelopes of brown gravy powder-type mix ...
      or maybe you've bought a packet of taco seasoning?
      Well, that's the envelope that I'm talking about. I don't know if it's something that Aldi carries all the time, but you can get them, lots of different varieties, at any grocery store. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Angela, now I know. This sounds so good. Now I have to sign up for your Blog especially if the rest of your recipes sound this good. By the way Anonymous is the only profile I know how to select. Thanks again.

      Delete
    3. Good ... I'm glad that helped ... and I am also glad to have you following! I do love to share recipes cause I love to cook! Hope you will enjoy each one.

      Delete