Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Green Door No More!


I doubt I've even told you about my green door.
A prime example of my blogging style.
Good intentions ...

A couple springs ago, I decided that I didn't want a plain Jane white pantry door anymore.
Why have white when you can have color, right?

I investigated and found a paint treatment that I wanted to try & with a few quick coats of paint ...
and some strategically placed smears of Vaseline, I had a pretty cool distressed pantry door!
And what character it added to my kitchen for a couple of years.





But alas, the winds of change often blow around here ... & guess what I decided I wanted again?

You guessed it ... a plain Jane white pantry door ;)
Oh boy.
So I guess, in a sense, my before & after picture are the same ... only separated by a couple of years.






As you can tell from the above pic, my kitchen cabinets have gotten a wonderful face lift too
& I'll show those to you in a few days.
This was just a lil' sneak peek.
We need to change out the doorknob to match the new cabinet hardware, which I am in love with.

(We also painted our living room & installed a hardwood floor, & painted the dining room
back in the spring but I still haven't gotten around to sharing those things.
I'm a pokey puppy.)



Who doesn't love a good party?!
You can find me here linking up with these great blogs.

Monday           Amaze Me Monday     Coastal Charm    The Dedicated House
                     I Should Be Mopping the Floor     The Hankful House     The Modest Mom
Tuesday        A Delightsome Life    A Bowl Full of Lemons  
                                    Titus Tuesday  A Stroll Through Life
Wednesday   Raising Homemakers        Savvy Southern Style      
                              The Thrifty Home   A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Thursday    Between Naps on the Porch    Katherines Corner 3D Lessons for Life
           Hope in Every Season     Lamberts Lately
Friday      Rooted in Thyme  The Thrifty Groove   Farm Blog Hop  Missional Women
 Best of the Nest  Anything Blue Friday   French Country Cottage  The Girl Creative
Sunday    Nifty Thrifty Things   Simple Saturdays    Sew Many Ways

5 comments:

  1. This sounds much like something I would do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the green door but this really brightens it up, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The distressed green door was interesting, but love the fresh and clean look of the white one. Nicely done Angela.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete